>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Daisy 853 part 3

Well, in Part 2, it sure looked like a cool setup but, the scope was so high that at 10m, I could not get enough elevation and the pellet was 2" below point of aim even when at maximum elevation.  Having the scope that high above the center line of the bore contributes to this problem..  Bother.  The only reason I used that funny riser was because I have loaned out all my 3/8th rings and Weaver mounts is all I have left for rings.  Bob P. helped me out and loaned me some nice Burris Signature Zee rings.

A quick word about these rings.  Although the review in the link is for Weaver style mounts, they also come in 3/8-11mm size.  I did find the use of some +20 -20 in the back gave me a better optical zero.  Meaning, by putting in these "offset" inserts I was able to get closer to optical zero vs. running the target knob to the very top.  Never a good place to be.  I don't even want to open the "optical zero" can of worms.  It is more than most folks need to worry about.  Basically, the reticle is in the center of the lens which for long distance, precision shooting, is where you want to be.

Anyway, here is an updated picture with a Sightron 6-24x42.  Part of the now defunct SII line of scopes.  Used to be a great scope for $150 back in the early '90s.  It is now a back up, hack around scope for projects such as this.  Basically it is one of those old Japanese optics covered HERE.  This is all low dollar stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment