>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Daisy 853 Part 2

There has been some interest so I thought I would share some more info.  I blew the dust off my 853, put a scope on it and shot it some.  I found it was tearing the paper vs. a clean cut.  Hummm.  Maybe It sat around for a while and things have dried up so I did some searches on what is involved in a putting in a seal kit.  In the process I found THIS thread and thought it would be of interest to those who are thinking about adding this useful practice tool to their gun closet. 

I also wonder if more testing is needed of my current 853 vs. my old results with the 888 which was CO2 powered.  I think most of you would agree, if the action, barrel, trigger etc is all the same, it is unlikely the power plant would make much difference.  But, there is that ASS U ME risk.  The above forum seems to have both very favorable and some semi-favorable comments.  Based on my prior 888 experience in Texas, I am VERY favorable about the ability of this Lothar-Walther barreled gun.

Then again, I have my 10m rifle and I would prefer to focus on shooting, not tearing down some old gun that I don't intend to shoot seriously.  If the mood moves me, I will oil up the seal and see what happens.  I hear Daisy sells reseal kits for $5.  I sent them an email.  I still think it is worth a $100 for a winter project at home if you don't own an accurate pellet gun.

Based on interest I was thinking of having a postal competition using THESE targets.  Two shots on each animal with whatever .177 caliber airgun you own at no closer than 10 meters.


1 comment:

  1. I just ordered one of these and will have it tomorrow. I couldn't find a way on this site to send you an email to ask you about this air rifle. Can you email me at "jloehle [at] mac.com"?

    ReplyDelete