>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Monday, April 9, 2012

10 meter air match #7 and end of season

I have been quiet about my air rifle efforts this season.  Mostly because I have been working on other more pressing topics.  But, to send off the season and see if I could leave with my head held high, I gave it one more try.

First, I practiced little if any.  My matches were practice.  This is a case of do what I say not what I do.  Practice works.  I just did not have air as a priority.  It is a vexing game.  I can be focused and in the zone and then for some inexplicable reason shoot a 6 after shooting four confident 9s in a row.

I think in my effort to take that perfect shot I force the rifle and that is the end of a good shot.  If you have to consciously make the rifle stay on bull, then you have not practiced enough.

When match #6 was 517 I gave up.  The more I tried the deeper the point deficit.  Went in cold turkey today and shot a 524.  First 20 shots netted me a 82 which killed me.  Otherwise I will take the results.  The question is, will this translate to smallbore silhouette?  Next year my goal is to shoot another 539 which would seem to be my best ever true shoulder to shoulder score.  I would hate to think I am going backwards!

Original 10m air post with updated results.

No comments:

Post a Comment