>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Update on STM trial after 4 hours of tumbling

Click on photos for large image
I am very happy with how well it cleans the brass, inside and out.  I ran it for 4 hours on the dot.  I opened it up at 3 and saw some primer pockets still had a ways to go.  Another hour helped, I suspect another 2 hours would have been perfect.  Some say letting brass soak in the dish soap/Lemi-Shine for a few hours first reduces tumble time.  Separating the media from the brass was easy.  I did it one to a hand, two at a time.  Shook them in the dirty water and put in a rinse container.  Not one piece of media made it to the rinse.

The upper grainy  indoor picture is of the same nasty shells.  Left shell has the split, FC is the same, 3rd shell was the chocolate colored shell and is now clean inside and out.  Yes, they got that clean.  I can see doing this each time will keep them clean vs. trying to get five firings of primer and powder residue out. Compare the FC primer pocket before and after.  Ya ya, I did not get them in exact same order.  Next time when there is sun outside.




Stay tuned for a better photo when I can use natural light outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment