>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Staying with the trigger

One small tip I picked up from Chris Winstead, father of Cathy Severin and Chad, both high master shooters.

He watched me shoot 5 animals and his primary input was that I needed to work on follow through.  His point, I should be as still after the shot as I am before the shot.  Work on taking 3-5 seconds after the shot in an effort to work on follow through.  In theory, you should be able to watch the bullet hit Turkeys and Rams.  Good shooters do.

The first order of business is he did not like what I was doing with my trigger finger by releasing the trigger right after it broke.  Stay with the trigger, do not "reflexively" release the trigger.  This will introduce movement when the objective is to be perfectly still after the shot.

For practice he said after the shot always take two or three dry fires on the empty shell casing and work on ZERO movement from beginning to end of breaking on the trigger.  It takes some getting used to but after a while it does help your follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment