>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Friday, June 24, 2011

RCBS Customer Service Praise.

Back around June 11th I wrote that I was ham fisted with my RCBS decapping die and broke a pin on the 395th 30-30 case.  I should have sensed abnormal resistance but as a newbie, I just charged ahead.  I stopped by Riley's later in the week and after 15 minutes of iPhone work and catolog work, I left with a package of new pins that may or may not be the right size.  I guess I could have bought both sizes but I chose not to, I figure I had a 50/50 chance.

When I got home I spent some time on the RCBS website and found it still a bit vague so I sent an email to customer service asking them to advise which size pin I should use.  To my utter amazement they replied a) promptly b) in english and c) with the response that they would be sending me an entire new decapping unit with in the new button head pin format with a 5 pack of pins!  That response was back on 6/16.

Today, 6/24, I have a nice new decapping shaft and set of spare pins 1+5=6 for my 1980 set of FL 30-30 dies.  WOW!  Three thumbs up for RCBS!  No need to buy dies from any other company IMO!

Have a great weekend, let's hope the rain stops soon!

RCBS press history link.  I was trying to figure out the difference between a RS and  Jr.  I guess they are one and the same.  My RS (Reloader Special) lacks the following when compared to my RC (Rock Chucker) No extra "steel bushing" for die holder.  RS is just threaded cast iron.  No compound lever action on RS.  Unless you are doing a lot of rifle brass, the RS is just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment