>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Saturday, June 11, 2011

First use of RCII on 30-30

Mark asked if I would FL size, trim and bell the 400+ shells.  I had picked up a nice RCBS Rockchucker II at a gun show this winter and wanted to try it out.  It worked great but I had to beef up my bench which I did AFTER the 400 cases were done.  Put a giant piece of fir vertical to the press all the way back to the wall, (6x7x22) under the bench.  4" long deck screws captured it to the 3/4" plywood and I used some threaded 7/16" rod through the 3/4" bench and 6" fir block.  Now there is some REAL beef under the press and I look forward to another 30-30 test.  Only casualty was a broken de-capping pin on the 4th to last shell.  I was stupid!  The pin had loosened up so it was not centered and I put too much pressure on it as I wanted to finish.  Did I say STUPID! I'm smarter than that but I was tired of running the press.  Good lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment