>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Phew, glad I weighed my ammo!

Cold NH see ya!
First, a big thanks to Bob P. who kindly and somewhat last minute drove me to the airport to save 6 days of parking! That sure helps!  Got to airport about 12:15 and everything was going normal.  The agent even knew I had a firearm and was helpful about it.  As it was open and I was filling out the form she asked me to take all my ammo out and weigh it on the adjacent scale.  All 18 boxes of it.  That was a first!  I advised her is was under 11 lbs but that made no difference.  So, I weighed it and there was 8 lbs.  Repack, lock and hang around in the event TSA might have any questions.  After 15 minutes I headed up to the flight.  That was that.  Sure glad it was 11 lbs.  I thought it was 7 lbs but to write this blog I double checked and found it to be 11 lbs  8 lbs of ammo should be more than enough.  There are only 160 competitive shots after all.  900 rounds should be more than enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment