>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Rainy Day project, casting for CLA.

No progress on the 39A.  I am hoping some brilliant tip will come up before I start some back yard gunsmithing.  So, on a day like today, it was time to get some more bullets cast for the 30-30.  This year, I am paying attention to alloy and working on getting to a harder bullet, same bullet physical characteristics from weight to hardness.

Not much to report really.  I have struggled a bit with my quest for bench rest accuracy out of a Lever Gun with cast bullets.  I am learning but mostly on what not to do.  I am hoping I will find something that works soon. 

My mould is an old 31141 single cavity.  I picked up the correct handles so I don't have to borrow them.  The old Ideal mould, after some TLC, is working fair.  This batch of bullets are a bit mottled (or what I call eczema) in places and I suspect that is due to zinc in the melt.  I hope the issue impacts looks only and not accuracy.  Now comes the fun part.  Sizing them.  I scrounge range trash cans for the 9mm ammo boxes with Styrofoam holders.  They treat my little gems in good shape as well as assist with keeping things organized.  Now if I could just find the right load.  I made 325 bullets today.  It would be nice to load them all up and just shoot.

1 comment: