>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Monday, April 15, 2013

Blog restored! PHEW!!


Below is an email I sent to folks on 4/9/13 who have previously attended a silhouette match and are on the "silhouette distribution" list because my BLOG was down.  Google has just restored it and I thought I would ensure the letter is here as well.  There are some good links and general info.  Of course there is also some stuff you may not understand.  Contact me if you have questions.

I wrote....
  1. Some of you may have noticed my blog is gone.  Google's "automated system" disabled it 4-3-2013 and even after my "human" plea asking they restore it, no response as of yet.  I remain optimistic as it was disabled due to SPAM.  Based on what I read, all my external links suggest I am "SPAMMING" to a bot-program analyzing blogs when in fact I am sharing information.  For now, if you need this year's schedule, go HERE for NH or HERE for all the various Metallic Silhouette matches in the NE quadrant of the country.
  2. May 18th clinic at PSI.  I would like some helpers and some new folks to come out and ask all those questions you have never been able to ask.  The intent, for the first half of the day, with no guns going off, ask questions, get some background, find out some things you might not have known.  In the afternoon, have a fun mini match with a veteran and learn the ropes in a no pressure environment.  This was a great success last year and I hope we have some folks who want to attend this year.  If you're a veteran, bring a new shooter!
  3. Volunteers.  There are three core non shooting responsibilities at a monthly match.  Steel set up, calling the line and stat shack.  This year I am going to try something different because...I want to shoot to get ready for Nationals.  I am going to ask for 3 volunteers to call the line.  8:30 - 10:30, 10:30 to 12:30 and 12:30 to 2:30.  This will be "pre arranged" I hope and those that volunteer get a free shoot that day.  Send me an email telling me which time slot you want. First come first served.  Steel setting is a non issue really.  Stat shack is an issue which I have not resolved.
  4. 1/5th Squadding.  May 19th things WILL BE DIFFERENT for 1/5th shooters...in a good way.  If you are a club rifle, cowboy or pistol shooter, nothing changes and you don't need to read this.  If you shoot 1/5th, the AM time period will be SQUADDED! The PM will be McDonalds style.  What does that mean?  If you want to shoot 1/5th squadded with a shooting partner/spotter or even some person you don't know, you pay your money and get assigned a partner.  You will be assigned an animal and a relay.  This "1/5th am registration" will end at 8:45 and the teams get called to the line at 9 to the 1/5th barrels. Even if some folks are already shooing, the 1/5th barrels will be "reserved" for the squadded teams.  Then, just follow the range commands and we hold a squadded match simultaneous to cowboy, club etc who will be putting their numbers on the board for 1/2 scale animals, business as usual.  In the AM, no numbers will go on the board for 1/5th.  When the 1/5th squadded match is over, we return to business as usual. I suspect squadded match will be done by 11.  Casual shooters are not affected.  You don't have to shoot squadded if you don't want to. New shooters will get the help they need from a spotter/coach to tackle the more difficult 1/5th game.  Teams can practice as a team for Nationals in Ridgeway.  The only negative I can see, if you want to shoot 1/5th squadded, you have to get out of bed and get to the range by 8:30 so you can get yourself on the list.  If you sleep in....you can shoot 1/5th on your own or non 1/5th stuff whenever you arrive.  
  5. Don't forget, April 13th, first match is at Georgetown, MA put on by Tom Cannon, match program HERE.  Second match in April is John Bartlett's CLA match April 28th, match program HERE And, Purgatory is up and running. Their dates are in the schedule and they look forward to seeing you!  PSI match program HERESorry, I don't have the PFFG program yet.
Normally this stuff goes in my BLOG but it is gone for now.  For the month of April and most of May....I think this is a good start for new and veteran shooters alike.  Questions, email me.  Forward this to anyone you think might be interested in shooting.  Hopefully my blog will be back soon.  Look forward to seeing you May 18-19th at PSI!

Jud

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see Blog Back.
    Re: Georgetown:
    I went to Georgetown F&G shoot on Saturday. Nice group. Shot "club rifle style" targets. Then the nice folks let us set up some 1/5th animals. I was in full nervous mode... but I can infact, hit those little buggers!
    So, bout my official score book and I'll graduate to the regulation animals for the next shoot. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back

    ReplyDelete