>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Monday, November 26, 2012

A useful blog dedicated to 10 meter Air Rifle.

I stumbled on this great website as I was looking for ways to improve my practice.  At this point, I am not sure if my lack of progress is due to lack of talent or lack of a poor practice regimen.  Or, perhaps a gun that is poorly configured for me to develop my talent.  All things to look at when you don't have any coaching available.

I decided to take inventory of my gun, an Anschutz 2002SSP..  Of course, blame the equipment!  Not really, I just wanted to collect more data so I can be more informed when and if I decide to change anything. For now, I am only going to change (reduce) the amount of barrel weight by 50%.  Zero cost experimentation.

Trigger.  My trigger (5021) is a two stage trigger and the final stage breaks at 3.7 to 4.0 oz after about 10 tests.  Most were in the 3.7 oz (105 grams) spot.  There are times I pull through it.  And there are times I think it should have gone but did not.  At such a light pull, it is a delicate issue when releasing the shot.  I need to research this trigger and see if the trigger is indeed designed to operate at this low a setting.  It is how I got the gun.

Front insert  Too small an insert, like too much power on a scope, makes me "jump around" and in general get the visual sense I am moving all over the place.  I may be using an insert that is too small but for now, that is all I own.  I use a 3.6mm.  A real set which ranges from 3.1 to 4.3mm.

Barrel Weights: I have been shooting with 13 oz (365 grams) of weights on the front.  I see many successful silhouette shooters put the maximum allowable weight on their barrels.  I figured more is better.  But it does add to fatigue.  I am going to try with half that amount and see what differences I notice.

Barrel extension.  I just happen to have an extender which lets me put the front globe 2.75" (70mm) further out giving added sight radius.  Technically this should help.

Armed with this info hopefully I can learn what to experiment with as I seek to hit my goal of a 540/600.

http://airrifleshooting.wordpress.com/

Any and all input welcome.

Latest Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment