>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Friday, August 24, 2012

Pe Ell, WA results and 1/5 participation in NH

Some of us were talking at the 2012 GSR about why some people don't take on the 1/5th challenge.  The first and obvious reason is that it is bloody hard when compared to 1/2 scale animals!  I argue that "hard" does not mean it can't be fun.  It can be hard and fun at the same time.  It is a true quest to become triple AAA or MASTER in the small animals.  And, let's face it, once you are a MASTER class shooter, you are going to attend the big matches to watch the top shooters in the country walk away with the top spot.  It becomes more of a hobby to get together and visit, encourage new shooters and compete against yourself.

Still, with that said, 38 MASTER class shooters traveled to Pe Ell in 2008 to see if they could beat Cathy Winstead Severin.  She still bested them all by 4 animals hitting on average 37 little guys.  The top 5 shooters shot on average 36/40.  But everyone shows up to play.  It is not just about winning but getting together and swapping stories and enjoying the game.  Everyone has to have personal goals.  Mine is to always do as well or better than the prior year.  It has not happened but I try.

My point, there are 5 classes in which one can compete shoulder to shoulder with their fellow shooter.  The closer you get to MASTER the harder the competition gets.  But in AAA, AA, A and B, there is plenty of fun to be had.  I my mind, if you own the book for cowboy, why not put some SBR and SBHR scores in it.

Yup, people go to Pe Ell and a B shooter shot on average 11 animals.  I bet they had a blast and learned a ton.  I was looking at the 2003 Winnsboro results and I shot a whopping 17 and 15 in SBHR.  The food and the country is beautiful. Ever had smoked oysters made to order?  Wow!

So, have a look at any of the results.  I will add more if I can find them.  In 2008 see how 95 shooters of 1/5th showed up and attempted to shoot 180 animals.  Yes, 95!  We're going to have a mini Pe Ell Sept 30th, 1/5th only, squaded! I have 160 cast NRA animals and I'm working to have a third big box. Maybe even have some grilled lunch.  Sorry, no oysters. See you there!

Historical Pe Ell Results.  Have a year that I don't, please let me know.

2012  87 Shooters
2011
2010  94 shooters
2009  90 shooters
2008  95 shooters
2007  86 shooters
2006  86 shooters

Pe Ell pics.  Take the slide show.

Want to learn more about 2013 Pe Ell, email Steve Wooster.  Here is an early email he sent out to past shooters putting the cap at 120 next year.  There are 20 shooters per relay (4 animals x 5 positions)  That means 6 relays.  5 relays is 100.

The CBC will be on April 20th & 21st, 2013.  Last years shooters have their spot. But I will need to know soon as possible. I am hoping we will fill up this year with 120 shooters. So let your friends know and let me know. I will mail out programs around December or early if you want yours. In case I have a waiting list, let me know soon as possible. I would like to have entries by March 1st, so I can get prizes ordered.  By the way, the 21st is my birthday, i will accept cash.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment