>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Best birthday present ever, family help with my hobby!

I am pretty blessed!  My lovely spouse attacked our garage that was filled with junk that I just can't bear to throw out.  So, at the end of two trips to the dump yesterday, in the rain, I had a pile of "junk wood" in the driveway. 

I survey the mess and realized I had a convergence of need.  Get rid of wood via wood stove or utilization.  I had a fellow shooting buddy help me with some carpentry work.  He chided me over my poorly performing vintage Craftsman table saw.  In short, he got me to look at things anew and I found the problem.  Worn set screws.  Now, with his help, the saw works like a champ.

Last night my daughter came out and asked if I needed any help.  Well, we decided I would cut on the table saw and she would pre-drill everything and started the screws.  She made nice sets of pieces, prepped them, cut out the "hooks" and all Dad had to do was run the drill with his "bigger" hands.  2 hours later we had 7 new frames ready for Saturday.....all I need is corrugated.

As a bonus, the trimming went right into the wood stove and I melted enough range lead to make 20 lbs of ingots.  And yes, it was 90 degrees in the shop with windows and doors open!  DRY HEAT which felt kinda nice after a wet Monday!

One more item off the list for Satuday!  Hope to see you all there!  These frames are designed to hang on all Pioneer stands.  They hook onto the 2" wide bars and support paper once the corrugated is stapled on.  The best practice is on paper, not steel.  That is the only way to truly see where your bullet went.

No comments:

Post a Comment