>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Monday, January 30, 2012

10m update Match #3

I finished my 3rd Monday evening match at Pioneer.  Starts about 6:00 every evening.  I hope I can keep the attendance going.   Here are the details.

I started this blog years ago to fight winter gloom.  I am going to have another run at it.  Since this is a blog and not a "website" I am just going to comment on my learnings and then update the original airgun post with my progress or if nothing else, journey.

Last week I had practiced, trained, prepared and it did worse than when I showed up cold turkey.  That was an emotional blow.  So much so, I did not even post about match #2.  Now, a week later, I reflect back on things and my general conclusion is, I tried too hard.  Vs. just letting the shot happen I was trying to make the shot perfect.  As a result it ate my lunch.

Week 3:  I took the week off from practice and just went cold turkey after last weeks results.  I got there a bit stressed due to some family issues at home.  I had low expectations.  I was there to stick with my plan to shoot air each Monday.

To my surprise things went better than week 1 or 2.  I just shot.  I took my time.  I avoided as much as possible taking the shots that were forced and instead took shots feeling natural. 

So, I learned or noted the following issues:

  • Don't get too aggressive on the trigger.  Squeeze is still king even with a light trigger.  Aggressive or confident breaks resulted in poor follow through.  Wait for the trigger to break.
  • Don't fight for the perfect look to the point you get tired.  Rest the gun if your not getting a natural good look.  Work on NPA.
  • Don't rush even when the pistol guys walk out.  Fight the urge to rush.
  • Work on "re-entry" after changing the targets after 20 shots.
  • Validate accuracy of current pellet.  I had three shots that were perfect IMO and the printed 2 rings away from break.  Whoa!
  • Bring stapler to get the target at max height.  I fight the low bulls.
Original 10m air post with updated results.

No comments:

Post a Comment