>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Evapo-Rust continued

Evapo-Rust helped my mould but I did not take any pictures.  I was organizing tools, inherited tools.  Trying to have the tools I need at the ready and the tools I own but don't need in storage so they won't rust.  This nice antique Stanley carpenters square sadly got left in a drawer where mice made a nest and their pee destroyed some nice stuff.  In short, mice can ruin just about anything with either teeth or their waste.

Click one, then again to enlarge
I put the square in a open container and let it sit for about 18 hours.  For me, the experiment is done.  it works well and the non toxic part is a plus.  But it ain't cheap.  $9 for a quart.  Small pieces , it is great.  Big stuff, you have to buy a lot to get it immersed.

To the left is a picture demonstrating the results.  My container would not let the square lay flat so only half of the square was in the liquid solution.  This exercise was more for experimentation than the desire to return this square to its original condition.  There is not much I can do about the pitting.  Right side is basically a "before" and left is an "after" illustration.  As always, click on the picture  to enlarge.

I would give it two thumbs up.  The appeal, it ONLY goes after rust and not the rest of the metal or wood or brass.  Just the iron oxide.

I guess I could test out electrolysis rust removal on the other side some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment