>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Monday, July 18, 2011

More 44 tests with 8 gr of unique

Click on image for larger view
Updated 9-15-2011

Finally got to the range.  7.5 gr of unique was no good.  Worse than 7.0.  Then I tried 8.0 and it was better.  I have looked at both and neither is up to 30-30 accuracy so it may be time to try some other powders.  Reality is I do not have the time or expertise to be doing this right now but it is a nice diversion.  I could argue the results here are my shooting ability and two shots got away from me.  I guess the next step is to take 10 rounds of 7.0 and 10 rounds of 8.0 and have a shoot off.

Still using my home cast 429215 sized .430", weight 218g, no gas check, Blue Angle lube.

This was max of 3.674 MOA vs 7.0g of unique which was 3.3.  But the ATC (average to center) was slightly better, 1.025 vs. 1.052.  Of course none of these groups are anything to write home about.

Take two, different powder.

Click on image for larger view
I tried some Titegroup based on some advice from a fellow shooter who noted LaserCast listed Titegroup as an accuracy load.  I gave some a whirl and in a word, WOW!  The target to the right is what I call a group.  In fact, I had the second lower group going with just a box of 4 holes.  Your brain runs a mile a minute as you work to squeeze off that 5th shot and you panic about ruining a nice pair of groups.  To my shock and great pleasure the bullet went right in the middle of the box doing nothing to open up the group size.  Amazing.  Subject gun is one of those modern Marlin 1894's in 44 Rem Mag.  Yes, with a scope but off a rolled up blanket and an old wooden bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment