>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Friday, May 27, 2011

What can you absorb from one photo....

Interestingly there are over 500 views of my blog from non "spider" types.  I am not going to explain what a spider is..  But yet, only one person has dared to comment.  Fair enough.  I have been working in the garden building my pea trellis so there is not much to report today.  Unless you want to hear about my garden.  Instead have a look at one of my TX pictures.  See if you can tell me what is unusual.  My hint is, no one has one in NH.  Why do they have this done?  What does it eliminate? 

There is actually tons to soak up in this picture. Two seniors who love the sport and have the equipment.  Just a great photo!  Hint #2:  The word starts with a T.  And no, I am not pushing the squading agenda.  Click on photo twice to zoom in.

6 comments:

  1. I think you've installed a cant level upon your front ring.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how this stuff works, but me...Cousin Jack....is also your follower "Goudge"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope....not a level, but a "extended" ring, it moves the clamp of the first ring out in front of the scope adjustments.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you are onto the right component and it is not the rings but the scope itself. Sure, the Kowa TSN 821M would be nice to have and no one has one in NH, the scope is where there are two non factory modifications. One of the modifications is fairly common. A Premier Reticle boost and we do have one of these in NH. So that just leaves one more odd protrusion. It ensures optimal repeatability.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, perhaps it's that tube that is jutting down under the adjusters at about a 45' angle; but I have no idea what it is....a tensioner?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got it. It is called a Tucker Conversion. The perceived problem is the erector tube might move or not move when you want it to. Thus, whenever you adjust a scope you always go past the desired point and then turn the knob IN. That would be down or left. This ensures the erector tube is moved into place due to "mechanical pressure" not the less certain "spring pressure". Google Tucker Conversion and there is some discussion. I like this one.

    http://6mmbr.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=2419267

    ReplyDelete