>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

When did the shot break?? It's called 1,000 dry fires per month.

I have always been in awe of the relative lack of movement when Bill Motl executes a shot.  I decided to capture this lack of movement using video using my point and shoot.  Nothing HD about it but it tells the same story. I should have put the camera on a tripod as I think I was moving more than Bill was.  Watch the firing pin and notice how little the gun moves when the pin on the back of the bolt moves forward.

Guess that is why he can shoot a 38 and my BEST score all weekend was a 28!  Practice, Practice, Practice!  He likely dry fires 800 shells per week every week, every month of the year.  And yes, that is a Weaver T36 on an Anschutz 54 action in a MacMillan stock which is his "heavy" or Standard gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment