>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Photo test and musings about my misbehaving 39A

Marlin 39A firing pin strikes.  Off rim, dull or weak spring?
This is more of a picture test and a test of my skills to manage the various tools that are available to me on Blogger.  I was advised I could 'upgrade' my account to a new and improved tool set.  So, like the typical lemming, I clicked OK.  Well that was stupid!  Now things are different and I have to re-learn various aspects of managing the appearance of my posts.  I am sure there is much more I can do to make them look better but for now, with all 16 folks that have viewed it, this will have to do.  

This picture was just an old one from when I was trying to figure out why my 39A was having issues with "ignition".  I would get fairly constant "bangs" but at times I would get what I would call either a delayed bang or soft bang.  Work on the CHRONY (thanks JB) told me it was not ammo dependent which was my first thought.  CCI Mini Mags to my surprise shot great.  I took the old girl apart and gave her a deep clean which was needed.  This did not solve it.  For some reason I got pulled in the direction of the "sharpness" of the strike and the location of the strike which is not on the RIM.  As with any of my blog's pictures, double click on the picture and they will blow up to full size to see the detail.  In this post you need to.  The left shells were from my 1710, the center and right set are from my 39A, CCI and Federal.

I have a new pin but have not fitted it yet.  Then some other sage from TX asked if I had inspected the SPRING!  Why that was never on my radar I do not know.  Think!  Distractions, distractions!  The 39A is a safe queen until I sort it all out and that is just not high on the list at this point.  It should be!  I have more chance to shoot it than a short action Remington 700! 

No comments:

Post a Comment