>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Why I like shooting squadded!

One of the long debates in NH has been around squading or just letting people shoot whenever they are ready.  I much prefer squaded shooting for many reasons.  First, it allows the match directors to shoot. Second, it is difficult to improve your skills without a spotter helping you confirm your break.  Many top shooters credit their spotter for their success.  I can honestly tell you Nomad has on more than one occasion helped me put more X's than O'x on my score card by helping me analyze what was happening down range vs. what I was seeing when I broke the shot and make the needed adjustments.

I told Bill Motl I was lamenting the fact that neither Nomad nor Mark were able to join me at the TX SB Championship.  I figure I had better start now on excuses.  Bill would have nothing of it and said he would find me an experienced Texas style spotter to help me through the match and sent me her picture.

Thanks Bill!

1 comment: