>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Years ago in a land far far away.....

......I used to shoot seriously.  I would go to every match possible in order to improve on my mental management.  I would get so stressed I could not hit a thing.  There was a small event in Dallas where we shot air rifles at targets in a partially inclosed firing line.  One day way back in 2003, I managed to shoot all 10 pigs with my TX200.  I was invited to continue after the match to see if I could best the long run record.  Talk about mental management!  Each shot was the most stressful shot I have ever taken.  Finally the stress was too much and I missed the fifth shot for no good reason.  But, when you are there and in the moment, it is much harder than it seems.  Today...ah....the record is long since been beaten and is now held by Larry Engle of Houston with 24.  Larry and I shot together at the Texas match earlier this year.  Way to go Larry!

For grins and perspective.  The long run for Smallbore Rifle Pigs is 179 shot by Conard Bernhardt in 1984.  Thus the Conard Bernhardt Cup match held in Pe Ell every spring.  He also holds the chicken long run of 120.  That's a bunch of extra ammo!

No comments:

Post a Comment