>>> 2023 Schedule and results as match is completed

+ + New Hampshire Silhouette Match Schedule, Results, Past and Present + +

2023 NH Silhouette Season  (last updated 6/23/2023 as results are collected from prior events)  Updated, no regional. April 30 PEMI LAR May ...

Sunday, March 20, 2011

SCAT vs SCATT

I was accused of using some potty vocab.  For a moment I wondered if I had a senior moment!  Phew.  It all comes back to me now.  I am shocked to hear folks actual are reading this stuff, even my old 2009 stuff.  Alas only one follower...sniff sniff.

Ah, the wild world of electronic trainers!  Where do I begin?  Well, first, SCATT is a high tech training device that captures and shows you your EXACT movement as you acquire a center shot, the execution or "break" of that "center" shot and then follow through after the break.  It is pretty amazing to watch a computer capture your exact faults in order to help develop a better technique.  The hitch, they are EXPENSIVE!  To learn more about the options, SCATT, RIKA, etc have a look at PILKGUNS.  His Hitch Hikers's guide to better shooting is very good material.  Read his two write ups about electronic trainers and then soak up his other good stuff depending on your interest level.

Since this is my blog I guess I am allowed to muse a bit. I find it interesting how so many shooters, myself included, will spend $$$$ on guns, scopes, stocks and ammo even though we can only shoot one gun.  Sure, the list price of a SCATT is $1,300.  And the list price of a Leupold FX-3 25x scope from Midway is $650. My point, these are list prices for NEW stuff and my second point is, why not invest in a RIKA or SCATT to improve shooting vs. that next "must have" gun that could just sit in the safe after the initial thrill of acquisition?  No ammo, no gas to range and REAL feedback!  Plus, I bet a group of 2 or 3 shooters could share or even rent out such a device.  Pistol and Rifle types would even get along for once!  What strikes me as funny is how I have become distracted with collecting and learning about guns vs learning how to shoot guns.  Both are equally challenging.  I suspect one is more fun than the other.  When in Rome...

No comments:

Post a Comment